[LMB] OT: dealing with pain

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Jan 5 20:03:26 GMT 2011

On Jan 5, 2011, at 9:51 AM, Carol Cooper wrote:
> cake decorated with marzipan and fondant or royal icing).

Princess cake!

>  And if I were
> making a pie at any other point in the year, pumpkin pie would lose out to
> lemon meringue pie any day of the week, and everyone in the family loves
> that, so basically pumpkin pie just doesn't get made.

My inlaws adore lemon meringue pie, and one year I remembered it was their anniversary that day. I stopped at Draeger's, a local gourmet grocery with an expansive bakery selection, and found two lemon meringue tarts (pies were gone by then). Went over very well. Next time I was there, earlier in the day, I bought a pie of it. Best crust I have ever had! The lemon custard was a perfect blend of tart and sweet, and full strength. The meringue was lightly "burnt", and also, the best I've had to date.

A friend of ours who's a butcher there prefers their pear tart, but I can't agree....

Marina