[LMB] OT: American holiday foods

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Thu Jan 6 01:17:12 GMT 2011

For my birthday, my Albuquerque daughter gave me a cookbook of traditional rural New Mexico cooking (the author is much older than I am) , divided by seasons and/but progressing in difficulty. Tamales are quite near the end. Tamale pie is at the beginning. Actual corn meal mush crust (think polenta, only simpler - any of you all ever have corn meal mush as a breakfast food? Fried corn meal mush (leftovers) for lunch? I did as a kid) - I intend to make up a casserole of it and try to have her over for a meal.

Alas, no family meals; her husband is deathly allergic to my four fur boys.

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/