[LMB] being scared, was OT: Australia (was Take Care)

Meg Justus mmegaera at nwlink.com
Thu Jan 6 03:19:19 GMT 2011

> I was shopping in a local big box grocery store this past weekend and  was
> charmed to see sparrows flying around inside and chirping  apparently
> happily. I'm sure the health department is not impressed  but it made my
> day.
>
> Jane

A grocery store near my house has a small population of sparrows.  I don't
like them because a) they startle me occasionally, and b) I've seen the
evidence of their presence occasionally.

But the store is designed to have an open way to get in (the closure is more
of a portcullis which is only lowered when the store is actually closed) so
there's no way to get rid of them.

Megaera