[LMB] Levels of Sexuality

BlueRose stacey at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jan 6 06:47:55 GMT 2011

On 1/6/2011 2:29 PM, Pat Mathews wrote:
> *snip* The push-up corsetry under a Renaissance neckline says "handle freely."
*snip*

Actually the pushup corsetry usually says one of two things

1.  This is what they wore in period and so Im wearing it, and by the
way now I have impressive cleavage

2.  I have impressive cleavage and wearing a corset is the most
comfortable way to deal with it, and isnt it cool I can dress up as well :)

We dont have RenFaires here, only SCA but if you were to handle someones
cleavage without their prior consent and it was construed offensive then
you would be disciplined.  It is NOT OK to assume that any style of
dress means that you can harass the wearer and NO absolutely means NO,
and should there be an issue, there would be half a dozen large angry
men around to take care of the offender very very quickly.

In our group its a fair proportion of people who have played together
for a long time and there is a lot of interaction as a result, but the
emphasis is very much on "its a safe place for women and children" and
not ok to push beyond the boundaries of polite society, and if you try
it you *will* be taken aside and firmly spoken to, and escalated from
there if it continues to be an issue.

So no, it does not say handle freely, certainly not in an SCA
environement.  And I would be disappointed to be a woman dressed as such
attending a RenFaire and have my assets treated as fair game as well.
Not at all cool!

Stacey