[LMB] Levels of Sexuality

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 14:45:50 GMT 2011

> From: kerry weisselberg kerilli at gmail.com

> Jeff wrote:
> The push-up corsetry under a Renaissance neckline says "handle freely."
> > As do slits and things. Slogans on t-shirts and the back of shorts do the
> > same thing.
> > Except when they don't... amazing how much of that crowd can instantly
> > convert to the "no means no" philosophy if they want to.
>
> Me:
> No,I disagree, I think they say "Look what I've got", absolutely NOT
> "help yourself, grab a handful". Many women dress for themselves, not
> for their audience.

Gwynne:
I agree here, the girls are my best feature, so I like to make the most of them.
This doesn't mean they're free to a good home, I just feel good when I've done
my best to look good. I don't expect to actually look fantastic, I just want to
look like I've tried. The only way I'd turn heads when I entered a room is if I
was carrying an AK-47. Loaded. (Either me or the gun, makes no difference.)

> Stacey wrote:
> It is NOT OK to assume that any style of
> dress means that you can harass the wearer and NO absolutely means NO
>
> Me:
> I am convoluted on this. Yes, of course "No means No", and all men
> should accept that any No is a bona fide No. However, some women do,
> unfortunately, use the "no..." which actually means "chase me, seduce
> me, convince me"...
> Also, clothing sends a message, this in escapable. A woman dressed
> like a prostitute gives that impression. It is of course perfectly
> possible to dress well, even sexily, without giving out the 'totally
> available' vibes.

Gwynne:
What most people who say that seem to forget is that a prostitute is
engaged in commerce. She's not giving anything away for free, and like
any other shopkeeper she has a right to refuse service to any customer.
Just because a woman is a prostitute doesn't mean that anyone has some
kind of right to abuse her. Like any other woman, she has a right to say no.