[LMB] OT: Thinking of England (was) Dono

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Thu Jan 6 19:48:12 GMT 2011

At 11:17 AM 1/6/2011, Carol Cooper wrote:

>> What *is* the point of designing clothes that look good on a
>> clotheshanger, but not on a woman with a less rare body type?
>
>I think that probably tells you a lot about certain fashion designers.  The
>business is all about them - their image, their clothes - rather than
>creating clothes that will make real women look good and feel good.

I think that the fashion design industry isn't designing clothings to be worn--it is designing ideas that might be used in clothes actually designed to be worn.  I think of concept automobiles--the concept Chevrolet Volt was a two door with some alarming proportions; the production car is much more a normally proportioned sedan.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net