[LMB] Skills of the Koudelka girls Was: Kareen in Barrayaran Society (was Levels of Sexuality)

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 22:27:36 GMT 2011

It just struck me that in at least two of the four cases (Martya,
Kareen), the Koudelka girls are basically employing the skills of an
excellent armsman to their chosen, frequently overly focused, mates.
There isn't much info on the other two yet, although in their cases
they seem to have found people who can navigate corners and social
events with reasonable ease.

In Kareen and Martya's cases they tend to run interference as the much
more attractive and "people person" interface between the world and
Mark or Enrique, they seem to have a hand in organizing their lives
and making sure they don't forget the little things (like bathing),
and in effect they act as a polishing wheel to the rough edges in
making them more socially acceptable.

And since, in a way Drou was a female armsman to both Count Vorbarra
and Cordelia, it would seem that this is in some way either an
inherited or learned from mother behavior.

Thoughts?

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com