[LMB] OT: seeds & gardens--was OT: bathtubs

Mori phoenix at ravinglunatix.org
Sun Jan 9 02:21:41 GMT 2011

Since I started doing most of my fruit and veg shopping at farmer's markets, I tend to do things a lot more seasonally as well. There are some people that have tomatoes year-round, mostly varicolored cherry and grape tomatoes, and I'll get those occasionally for salads (along with a lovely greens mixture that includes flower petals). The biggest 'casualty' for me, though, are apples. There is a grower that dry farms their apples, which (like your strawberries) are not  huge and watery, but a good size for eating as a snack and with more flavor than I'd thought an apple could -have-. When they're in season, I'll go through several apples a day (especially their Honeycrisp...to my mind, -the- perfect apple), and as soon as their season ends, I pretty much stop eating apples.

~Mori