[LMB] OT Children and overkill - was Pre-adult sexuality

Pat Brimhall pbrimhall at tx.rr.com
Sun Jan 9 03:10:48 GMT 2011

When I was a pre-teen way back in the late 60's, we lived out in the
country, surrounded by sheep pasture.  There were 2 houses close to us, but
the nearest house with kids my age was 2 miles away.  It was not at all
uncommon on weekends or during the summer to take my horse and ride over to
the neighbors alone, or to pack a lunch and spend all day riding and playing
along a creek that cut through the pastures a mile away from the house.  Mom
didn't worry about us much, and figured I was safer on a horse than on a
bike or on foot.  I was definitely coached that if anyone in a car gave me
any trouble or was acting strange, I was to take off cross country on my
horse as fast as I could.