[LMB] NTITN: These are what was being driven around the streets of Vorbar Sultana while Miles was courting Ekaterin!

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 9 10:56:33 GMT 2011

On 1/9/2011 12:56 AM, Royce McDaniels wrote:
> holy gronk people. you have GOT to see these, and in particular watch the
> video! I'm doing a blog post for tomorrow, in depth. This is what the segway
> SHOULD have been, dammit. I see the future here....
>
> linky from engadget and the CES in Lost Wages, Nowadamoneyleft:
> http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/08/general-motors-takes-us-on-a-crazy-test-ride-in-the-en-v-electri/
>
> awed royce
Old news, there is also a Toyota version and a couple more along the
same vein.

The main problem is that it is strictly a commuter toy, for those living
in small area flat cities. Not even good for gimpys like me [they would
not go into buildings, even though the Toyota one supposedly has a
vertical people height one that lays flatter for fast street transit
one. <sec to google for the site>
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/toyota-pm.htm
The iREAL is a bit better, http://www.gizmag.com/go/8157/   [also has
links to the other 2  'I' concepts] though right now, going by the video
release, it is designed for tiny little asian girly asses and not for
fat arsed gaijin like me. The iREAL I can see as a gimpmobile/power
chair, but again, any electric pod vehicle is for essentially small
square mileage flat urban areas.

I rather like this peugeot haut bubble model
http://www.automotto.org/entry/peugeot-concept-personal-mobility-car-for-the-lone-rides-tomorrow/
if we are going for wisting after spiffy toys.