[LMB] listening to The Saga: TWA

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 15:39:12 GMT 2011

--- On Mon, 1/10/11, SueN <sejnbook-lmb at yahooxtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Me:  You say you are listening to it Becca, Do you have
> the same reaction when
> you read or is it modified?  I find I am a lot more
> sensitive  to 'painful'
> stories when listening compared to reading, I think because
> when reading you can
> skim quickly over harrowing bits.

exactly. It's much easier to skim when reading, and hearing it as opposed to reading it seems to have much more immediacy and impact. OTOH, I couldn't read the Dinner Party in ACC, but listening to it seemed much less slapstick, more real, and I could see the humor in it then when I couldn't reading it.

-becca