[LMB] OT: Freezing Kindles?

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:36:46 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:28 PM, kbarry <kbarry at bitsofhistory.com> wrote:
> On 1/9/2011 5:19 PM, Gretchen Wright wrote:
>
>> Somewhat related to the 'bathtub' thread ... as a new Kindle owner, I'm
>> wondering about the warning not to store it below 14F or operate it below
>> 32F. Does anyone know from sad (or otherwise) personal experience how
>> large
>> the risk is?
>
> I can say from experience that the risk is real. Happened to my son
> last night with his brand new Kindle. His Kindle went from his car
> at <20F to his apartment and died. He was on his way home to DC, with
> a 2 hour stop at GF house, so the cold soak was probably 4+ hours.
>
> The good news is Amazon already has a replacement on the way. I was a
> bit surprised at that, surprised but definitely pleased.
>
> From what my son said, the only thing Amazon was concerned about was whether
> or not it was in a case, which it was.

Useful info, since my dad just bought a Kindle (and he's a long-haul
trucker) which I'm setting up and playing with until he gets home in a
couple days.

Anyone know if there is a way to sort books by things (alphabetical,
publication date?) within collections? Having all 20-odd Honor
Harrington's in a single collection is nice, but being able sort them
in order of publication would be wonderful...

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com