[LMB] listening to The Saga: TWA

Gretchen Wright gretchen.m.wright at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 00:30:24 GMT 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Becca <becca_price at yahoo.com> wrote:
> for some reason unknown, I've decided to listen to the whole Vorkosigan saga, starting at the beginning (rather than just re-reading favorites and favorite passages). I'm finding TWA to be... painful. In fact, so painful that I'm listening to it for a little while, then listening to the next book, going back to TWA for a bit, and then going on to the next book after that (I'm in the middle of Cetaganda).
>
> Does anyone else have this reaction to TWA?

Not really. The section of a book that I shy away from reading is when
Mark is pretending to be Miles in order to rescue the clones. I'm not
sure if I want to look too deeply into the psychology of that ... I
have this fear that's it's actually related to the "lost my Grownup
Card" thread ... that it hits too close to home because I sometimes
feel I am passing myself off as something I'm not (namely a Grownup
full of Responsibility who Knows What's What).

Gretchen