[LMB] OT: Queensland

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 00:49:10 GMT 2011

I'm watching the news right now, and it's terrifying. I hope all
the Queensland list members are safe.

I thought the worst was over, but the 'inland tsunami' is just
horrifying.

For those who don't have the news, there's 8 dead, 72 missing,
a wall of water metres high hit at least one town without warning.
Cars, shed, houses are just gone. And more rain coming. Now
even parts of Brisbane are being evacuated.

I know the news only shows the worst of it, and some places are
still ok - my friend in Brisbane says she's quite safe where she is.
But the news is bad, and getting worse. Be safe, everyone.

Gwynne