[LMB] A Klingon Christmas Carol

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Tue Jan 11 15:17:23 GMT 2011

--- On Tue, 1/11/11, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> You're not a Klingon.    What we like is largely
> determined by genetics.

So absolutely true.  Were I born to a Klingon family, they'd think me the worst failure ever.

> On the other hand, I haven't found a depiction of *heaven*
> that I wanted forever and ever.

... But some societies appeal to me more than others.  Barrayar, as a random  example. But mostly, in fiction, I cleave to the lone visionaries creating their own pocket societies, or rebuilding the larger world in which they live, as Cordelia and Aral do.

namaste,
elizabeth