[LMB] ACC

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Tue Jan 11 15:22:59 GMT 2011

While exercising this morning, I got to Miles' conversation with Aral about Mile's "parade" of women, Aral's first marriage (how I wish he would say that woman's name!) and honour.

As usual - I love the Aral scenes.  Can't get enough of them.

Seems to me it implies (by generalizing) that Aral believes that Miles wasn't entirely serious in his love for Elena.  Which I think he was, and took a long time to get over it. On the other hand, it was a first love, and from Aral's mature perspective, maybe a necessary step in growing up, and not a mature love.  As if 'mature' loves were somehow better than young ones.

Anyway: the real point was that Miles' love of Elena was unrequited, which is a different thing.

I wonder what he *really* made of Taura.  Or Elli. Sometimes I wish we could see these scenes from his point of view, rather than Miles'.

namaste,
elizabeth