[LMB] A Klingon Christmas Carol

Jill Tallman lettuce_in_fl at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 16:27:51 GMT 2011

----- Original Message ----
From: Elizabeth Holden <azurite at rogers.com>
> From: Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
>
> I was just wondering - why Klingon?

I think the easy answer is: why not?

snipped a bit

> So, what was it about Klingons that captured that
> interest?

That's it, in my opinion.  Passions. Open expressions of feelings, especially
aggression and anger.

Jill:

> we all want to *be* Klingon?

Absolutely not!

> rough, tough, hold our liquor extremely well, and
> we don't have to be girly pretty to be sexy.

Well, I'm not girly pretty, but I could never handle a rough, tough,
liquor-swigging world. I'd die first, if it didn't kill me. (What?)

Now I'm wondering what race I'd be, if I had to live in the Star Trek world.
Romulan, maybe?  Naw, probably some sort of renegade human. Or maybe Orion.
Orions get to dance and have sex.

> what's not to like?

Hey, it takes all types to make a world. I like Klingons, I really do, but I
can't identify.  It just isn't my fantasy by any stretch of the imagination.

namaste,
elizabeth

===

I'm not deeply in love with Klingon dentistry. or blood wine (ew!)
but kicking ass I like.

Jill
who was dangerous in karate class (full contact). then my knee went south...