[LMB] ACC

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Tue Jan 11 17:23:38 GMT 2011

--- On Tue, 1/11/11, Paula Lieberman <paal at gis.net> wrote:

> Aral didn't have Cordelia as mother and a grandfather who'd
> tried to murder him as a baby.....

No, but I don't follow.  He had different experiences, inescapably. Do you think that means he feels less understanding of Miles?

> and until running into
> Cordelia appears to have never had any serious interest in
> galatic women.... he was mainly interested in Barrayaran
> men....

Do you have textev for that?  It may be so, but I don't see it. I see his problematic love for his wife as significant to him; he may have avoided entanglement with women somewhat after that, but I would think the relationship with Ges was just as problematic.  When he talks about his past, it seems that in his mid-twenties his main relationship was with alcohol.

namaste,
elizabeth