[LMB] ACC - Ekaterin's description of Miles

John Lennard john.c.lennard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 19:25:58 GMT 2011

Elizabeth: I just listened to Ekaterin's thought about Miles' "bright,
particular eyes".

Love the phrase, straight out of Shakespeare, and it makes me love Ekaterin
even more.

John: You're thinking of Helen in *All's Well', 1.1, yes? "'Twere all one /
That I should love a bright particular star / And think to wed it, he is so
above me."

Interesting. If you've spotted any more such specific mini-allusions, do
please e me off list with a list for the ACC Companion. I have a list of my
own, but cross-checks are always welcome. Thanks.

John (& Nikohl) in editorial mode.

Director of Studies in English, St Catharine's College

www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk