[LMB] OT: Ian McKellen Has Signed On To The Hobbit!

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:59:36 GMT 2011

Royce McDaniels wrote:
> That is exactly what the second movie is about! And supposedly there are
> detailed fragments tolkein wrote which his son has published that cover this
> ear. Maybe John Lennard (despite his distate for pj's perfectionism) might
> wish to elucidate us on...

Perfectionism?

That's probably an argument that I shouldn't open up.  But I just
watched _The Fellowship of the Ring_ over the last couple of days,
and some bits still rankle for the make-no-sense-at-all factor.
Haldir stops the party at Lothlorien and *tells them they can't
come in* because they're "bearing great evil".  Celeborn and
Galadriel are expecting them, it's a desperate situation and
they have to be protected from their pursuers, not to mention
that Aragorn is Galadriel and Celeborn's granddaughter's fiance',
and this goob is telling them that they *can't come in*?!  I hope
they busted him to *flower fairy*.