[LMB] BD - A Civil Campaign VII (Richars and Byerly)

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Tue Jan 11 23:50:08 GMT 2011

On Jan 11, 2011, at 1:32 PM, Elizabeth Holden wrote:

> --- On Sun, 9/19/10, Tel <teluekh at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Just because the protagonists assume he's guilty, doesn't
>> mean he's guilty. Given ImpSec fast-penta'd him, the
>> assumption should be that he's actually not guilty of the
>> supposed crime.
>
> Why not assume he's guilty?  I think that fits the plot and characterization better than an assumption of his innocence.

I believe Lois indicated (on the list, so not actually in printed canon) that Richars happens to be innocent in this case--just lucky (that Pierre's fiancee was accidentally killed).  He was fast-penta'd and cleared, so he really ought to be innocent, if ImpSec (or whatever) is doing its job.  We just dislike him enough (with cause) that we don't like to see him innocent of anything.

Katherine