[LMB] RENOvention Hugo Survey

Natali Vilic natali.vilic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:20:40 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:04 PM Susan Fox wrote:

> The 2011 WorldCon is running an interesting survey about Hugo-winning
> novels from 1985-2005.  Which ones have you read?  The list includes
> BARRAYAR [1992] of course, tied for third place as I write this.  I
> don't suppose we will beat "Harry Potter" but it's worth having Her
> Ladyship's Loyals check in on this survey on the front page of the
> convention web site:  http://www.renovationsf.org/

Neuromancer, but I forgot it. I read some other books by
Gibson, so I assume I did not hate it.
Ender's Game, so-so.
Hyperion, there were parts of it I loved and parts of
it I could not stand (I very much dislike monsters and
mindless destruction)
Barrayar :D
A Fire Upon the Deep, I cannot remember it either; there
is a possibility that I did not finish it.
Green Mars, could not finish
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire - I read all the books
but I get scalded when I say they are books for children IMHO
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel - I liked it, it was strange
enough.

I want to read American Gods, but I would like to be able
to borrow it from the library, not buy it, and it is not
translated to Croatian yet (memo for myself: soonest go pester
Algoritam - IMHO the best Croatian publisher, definitely
with best translators)

Btw. Barrayar is at place 4 now :(

Natali