[LMB] Audio or visual?

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier agnes at charrel.net
Wed Jan 12 18:21:52 GMT 2011

On 1/12/11 8:45 AM, Jane Starr wrote:

> I borrowed Curse of Chalion on CD from the library and liked it well
> enough, with one problem - the next time I read the actual book I heard
> in my head the narrator's voice doing his version of Iselle instead of a
> proper woman's voice.

CoC is one of my least favorite LMB audiobooks because of that. The
narrator manages a pretty good Caz, but that stupid breathy falsetto he
uses for all female characters, including decisive Iselle and Betriz,
just drives me nuts!

The narrator for PoS is great, an excellent match for Ista, and she also
manages a pretty good Ingrey in her reading of tHH.

Agnes