[LMB] A Civil Campaign (Nikki)

Nancy L. Barber nlbarber at mac.com
Thu Jan 13 04:29:46 GMT 2011

At 10:06 AM -0800 1/12/11, Royce McDaniels wrote:
>we have a small snip of textev on this:
>
>"Vorsoisson grimaced wryly. "Ah, yes, the most recent obsession. Don't step
>barefoot on one of those damn things, it'll cripp-it'll hurt. Well, every
>boy goes through that phase, I suppose. We all outgrow it. Pick up all that
>mess, Nikki."
[rest snipped]

Also from Ekaterin's viewpoint, again in _Komarr_:

"Tien's relationship to his son was mostly neglectful, interspersed
with occasional bullying, but with enough spasms of actual attention
that Nikki, at least, still seemed to show attachment to him. "

I think I see Nikki as having that attachment, not something strong
enough to be what I'd call love, and also a reasonable dose of
"what's the behavior I *should* have towards my father." As displayed
when he asks Miles in ACC, "Am I supposed to kill you like Captain
Vortalon?"

    Nancy