[LMB] Miles speculation

Judy R. Johnson jrj at fidalgo.net
Fri Jan 14 04:29:44 GMT 2011

ROTFL
Entwife Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk
[mailto:lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk] On Behalf Of Gwynne Powell
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:43 AM
To: lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk
Subject: Re: [LMB] Miles speculation

> From: "Judy R. Johnson" jrj at fidalgo.net

> If Barrayar is even a bit prudish, Ivan might not have been told about
> THAT bit. Lady Alys might well have taken complete credit.
> ...Well, no, that's being cattish. She gave Kou and Drou that cottage.
> And by all indications was Cordelia's most faithful friend, native
> guide and sociopolitical resource.
>
> The plaque indicated Padma's death, didn't it? Not Ivan's birth, which
> was some blocks away, inside some building. So, while I wouldn't say
> you're wrong, I'm not so certain. Lady Alys wouldn't want it known
> that her intimate parts were viewed by such. If asked, she might say
> Cordelia helped her - that's my guess.
>
> Entwife Judy

I'm not sure I can imagine a conversation where Lady Alys explains the
details of his birth to Ivan. I think Ivan's brain would explode halfway
through.

Mind you, Cordelia would discuss it quite happily. Now, imagine a dinner
party, and some stray comment leads to a remark by Cordelia about Bothari's
talent as a midwife...

Ohhh yesssssssssss.

Gwynne
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to jrj at fidalgo.net