[LMB] OT: House to condo (was Re: ACC)

Jill Tallman lettuce_in_fl at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 15:51:07 GMT 2011

----- Original Message ----
From: Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com

I own a rental condo and live in a house. I have one problem with condos: you
get the same financial responsibilities as a homeowner, and the same
restrictions on what you can do as a renter.

A lot of proprietary communities and places with homeowners associations have
the same drawbacks. "Our covenant says a green grass lawn! Take out that
xeriscape immediately!" (True story in Albuquerque).

===

thus the reason I refused to move into a subdivision when we moved to Sarasota.
we got a 1920 bungalow with 1/2 acre and a giant oak trees instead. new homes
have nothing on the charm of this little house!

Jill
it is hard to find insurers, though