[LMB] OT: House to condo (was Re: ACC)

Meg Justus mmegaera at nwlink.com
Fri Jan 14 19:25:06 GMT 2011

Pat:
> I own a rental condo and live in a house. I have one problem with condos:
> you get the same financial responsibilities as a homeowner, and the same
> restrictions on what you can do as a renter.

Odd.  I see it the other way around.  I have many of the advantages of a
homeowner (able to paint my walls, not worry about driving nails into them,
add built-ins, purchase the flooring, appliances, etc., that I want),
without the disadvantages of having to maintain the outside of my building
(when we had a big windstorm a few years ago, I did have to chip my monetary
share in, but otherwise the new roof just appeared sort of like magic
because the management company dealt with it), mow the lawn, etc.  I do
garden, but I have the privilege of only gardening as much as I want to and
the rest is maintained for me.

Megaera
happy condo-owner