[LMB] Animals

Judy R. Johnson jrj at fidalgo.net
Fri Jan 14 20:27:25 GMT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk
[mailto:lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk] On Behalf Of baur
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 11:15 AM

well .. my time in the autrian army has been a little bit ago ..

but i am PRETTY sure we had no pachyderm food in the catalogue (can you
remember the toilet paper scene form "operation pettycoat"? - "can not
identify material attached")

but in pinch i might have been able to order lots of rations for "animal,
carrying, alpine" (aka haflinger horse) - the austrian army still have a few
of those ..

servus

markus

Royce McDaniels wrote:
> ImpMil Pachygroats (1 ton lots, gross (literally!) with optional
> mayonaise tubs (1 gallon lots, also gross.)
>
> geez, markus don't you remember ANYTHING from your days in the greens?
>
> Pachy-captain royce
>
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:46 AM, baur<baur at chello.at>  wrote:
>

>> Royce McDaniels wrote:
>>
>>> elephant butts, yes (not likely to be any heavier than a platoon of
>>> armor-wearing troopers with heavy weapons). Elephant poo, OTOH,
>>> well, just imagine the poor Barrayaran trooper(s) assigned to clean
>>> up after said pachyderm's interstellar voyage....
>>>

>> and where do they get the (LOTS of) pachyderm food for the length of
>> the flight ?
>>
>> servus
>>
>> markus

NEW from JRJ>  Until recently, the Swiss Army still carried messenger pigeon
baskets on their bicycles occasionally as well as on motorized transport.
My opinion is that birdseed is cheap and no internet attack can flummox
them, so this capability should have been preserved.  Sigh.  Did anybody
listen to me?

--
Entwife Judy
Who doubts if the status quo is ever well enough to be let alone