[LMB] OT-ish: Do-Overs: 10 speculative fiction books that got major rewrites after they were published

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 15 11:12:48 GMT 2011

On 1/15/2011 2:35 AM, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
> This could dovetail with the censorship/Huck Finn "revision" threads.
>
> Another excellent article by Charlie Jane Anders. She runs a salon of sorts called Writers with Drinks, on the second Saturday of the month at a bar in San Francisco. One never knows what will happen--but the bar can't make a White Russian, unless you think that soy milk is a good substitute for cream (shudder).
>

> http://io9.com/5733869/do+overs-10-speculative-fiction-books-that-got-major-rewrites-after-they-were-published?skyline=true&s=i
>
> Marina
> --

Very interesting blog, I am going to seek out both versions of some of
the pieces =)

And soy milk white russian? Blargh!

Perhaps an almond milk 'cream' would make a decent one - you make a
double strength almond milk and it is the [medieval] version of lent
'cream' for cooking purposes. I need to figure out how to make almond
milk in my soy milk maker since I saw in the directions they have a
recipe for it =)