[LMB] RENOvention Hugo Survey

Bear Master bearmaster0 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 12:16:07 GMT 2011

Let's see, I've read

Neuromancer (William Gibson, 1985), created the cyberpunk genre

Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card, 1986), short story was better

Hyperion (Dan Simmons, 1990), Dan Simmons owes me that time of my life back!

Barrayar (Lois McMaster Bujold, 1992), where I went from liking Bujold to
being a fanatic

Doomsday Book (Connie Willis, 1993), pretty good, but To Say Nothing of the
Dog was better

Green Mars (Kim Stanley Robinson, 1994), two books down in a trilogy read
this hoping something would finally happen

Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (J K Rowling, 2001), best of the series,
all downhill from here

Hominids (Robert J Sawyer, 2003), author wore his politics/worldview on his
sleeve, other than that pretty good