[LMB] Komarr and Rho Ceta (map)

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 18:56:11 GMT 2011

I wonder if perhaps the Barryarans had been planetbound so long they
couldn't conceive of holding part of a system without holding the
inhabited planet as well?

Also, from a frankly strategic POV, a planet would provide a base to
reconquer the the wormhole you hold. If you hold it, it's a jumping
off point to control all the other wormholes in the system.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Tel <teldreaming at gmail.com> wrote:
> I should be translating Russian right now, so this is a bit quick and
> dirty. But I've been wanting to sketch something like this out for a
> good while, in response to all the people who claimed that Barrayar
> holding the Komarr end of their route was meaningless if they didn't
> hold Komarr itself.
>
> Which is not really true - unfettered access to your Nexus connection
> is all you really need as a cul-de-sac. Once you have that, nothing's
> stopping you from trading independently with any ship passing through,
> and you can raid commerce or the hub planet itself at will if they
> annoy you or try to cut your trade off.

Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com