[LMB] A Civil Campaign

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 00:25:58 GMT 2011

--- On Mon, 1/17/11, Elizabeth Holden <azurite at rogers.com> wrote:

> 1. Aral wept at Gregor's wedding. I wondered why.  Was
> it simply happiness at seeing Gregor happy?  Was it the
> sense of an end of an era?  Was his memories of his own
> wedding?

I think that Gregor's wedding was happily the end of an era. Failing disaster, the end result of Gregor's marriage will be children to carry on the line - Aral's job is finally finished, and Gregor is more than just an adult now.  (plus progeny will take Aral and his family out of the line of succession)

Plus, I think there was genuine emotion at seeing Gregor finally be *happy*, in something that was for Gregor as a man, not just Emperor Gregor as an institution.

-becca