[LMB] Vor class permeability, was Komarr and Rho Ceta (map)

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier agnes at charrel.net
Tue Jan 18 19:10:59 GMT 2011

On 1/18/11 9:49 AM, Lois McMaster Bujold wrote:

> * -- And, no doubt, a certain leakage of Vor luser-dudes and -dudettes
> downward still; a Vor street-person is certainly a possibility, tho' it
> requires being cut off from the family/clan support system rather
> thoroughly. Think impoverished ronin.

When my father was doing his residency (which would have been France,
early 60s) one of the passed out homeless people the cops would
regularly round up and drop off at the hospital for check-up/clean-up
was a count. Since his daughter would then come pick him up to bring him
back home he hadn't lost his family's support (question mark on how
impoverished the family actually was). But there were apparently enough
mental/addiction issues that he would eventually end up back on the street.

Agnes