[LMB] e-book links for THE SPIRIT RING and "Winterfair Gifts"

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Tue Jan 18 23:50:16 GMT 2011

> From: Anke Wehner <anke.wehner at gmail.com>
> Date: 18 January 2011 21:02
>
>  Anke Wehner <anke.wehner at gmail.com>
> >
> > Memory is available from Baen.
> > http://www.webscription.net/p-617-memory.aspx
>
> Michael R N Dolbear
> > Since August 2007 and from Fictionwise since December 2003
> >
> > Hence I would have supposed it could be sold by the Apple
> > iStore and the Amazon Kindle store too.
>
> I got the impression books in print from Baen generally aren't listed
> in the kindle store. There are a whopping four results searching
> "Baen" there.
> Some kind of conflict with low prices from Baen and an amazon policy
> that you aren't allowed to sell ebooks offered there with a lower
> "cover price" elsewhere, possibly?

That's a different question, Memory being published pre-1999 and so when
Lois put it up at Fictionwise she didn't need anyone's permission.

There are a handful of Baen books on fictionwise with Baen's consent.

Toni Weisskopf, Publisher, Baen Books has commented on ongoing ebook
negotiations with Amazon. It appears that they can't take on board that
Baen don't want encryption, even though Amazon allow this option to small
press and self publishing authors. The price business isn't clear -
Baen's $6.00 should be OK under Amazon's price scheme but the monthly
bundle (all books for, now, $18.00) may not fit the no underctting rule,
don't know.

Michael Dolbear,
Little Egret in Walton-on-Thames