[LMB] Brain Damage For Ivan?

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 00:10:17 GMT 2011

Gwynne:

--- On Thu, 1/20/11, Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com> wrote:

> In WA Miles notes that Ivan shares the family memory skills, but that his brain doesn't
> organize it.  I think saying that Ivan *chooses* not to organize it is stretching the textev a
> bit far.

I think you're both right, because a) in most people, memory *isn't* organised naturally, it just sits there in your head until/unless you make the effort to sort it; and b) textev does show that Ivan definitely has the capability of sorting it.  So Ivan's memory not being sorted out and made into the steel trap everyone else's is in a way another rebellion. Basically, "I'm not like you, I don't have a mind that works like that (thank goodness); and heck NO I am NOT going to that memory training course!"

Raye

raye_j at yahoo.com
http://windtear.livejournal.com
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men
and other mythical creatures.