[LMB] More casting ideas

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 22 12:57:52 GMT 2011

On 1/22/2011 2:12 AM, Gwynne Powell wrote:

> For Aral - Jack Nicholson, or Michael Ironside? Both are the right height.
> I know neither are really stocky, but that can be fixed, and they both
> project personality very strongly.
>
> Gwynne
> --
Neither, they can't not play themselves in a role. Nicholson would be
the most amazingly stupid choice for the part ever.  You wouldn't get an
Aral, you would get NICHOLSON in every scene chewing away.

Random running through the top 200 male actors born 1950 to 1960 [to put
Aral between 50 and 60] 5 9 to 6 feet tall.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0499791/ Frederic Lehne. Good solid career as
a TV actor. Good solid rugged decent looking face.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0618057/  Ulrich Muehe  Again, good solid
history as a TV actor, rugged decent looks.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0191688/  Steven Culp A bit of a pretty boy
but not too handsome, solid actor.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0225963/  John Diehl. Again rugged looks,
interesting facial scar =)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001409/  Tcheky Karyo -  rugged looks, solid
actor.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0751638/  James Russo. Going by looks again.

And a real contender, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002332/  Stephen Lang.
Look at that bio pic, can't you see him facing off  with Bothari for
that little sparring session?  Marching across a planet with Cordelia
and an invalid in tow? Shoving Ges into the wall of the spaceship and
threatening him?