[LMB] FILK Vor Hatred was Vor Class Permeability

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Sun Jan 23 00:35:30 GMT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel R. Reitman" <dreitman at spiritone.com>
To: <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: [LMB] Vor Hatred was Vor Class Permeability

> Tel <teldreaming at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Damien Sullivan
>> <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

>>> I'm with Tel. ?I like the main characters, as long as I don't think
>>> about their social position too much, and I certainly like reading about
>>> them. ?But like the existence of the Vor as a class? ?Hell no.
>>
>> Systems prone to abuse get abused. I read too much about traditional
>> aristocracies to think they should be given real power. There's a
>> reason that countries people want to live in have governments that
>> look nothing like Barrayar's.

>>>. . . .
>>. . . .
>
> One of my filks-in-progress is entitled "A Barrayaran Revolutionary
> Anthem."

I don't like Barrayar
I don't have a penis between my legs
I don't like Barrayar
And Vor who regard all others as dregs.

I don't like Barrayar
The classes are rigid and set from birth
I don't like Barrayar
Advancement for women there is a dearth.

I don't like Barrayar
Like 1950s in the USA
I don't like Barrayar
It's not a planet where I could play