[LMB] Vor Hatred was Vor Class Permeability

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 23 16:57:11 GMT 2011

On 1/22/2011 7:28 PM, Paula Lieberman wrote:

> Most of the books there isn't much time spent on Barrayar in them.  I
> liked Barrayar because even though it was set on Barrayar, the
> viewpoint character was NOT Barrayaran born, bred, and complaisant to
> Barrayar.
> --
I love Barrayar, it has an aptly named Vor Pageant.

I love the terrestrial equivalent to the Vor Pageant. I find history
fascinating, and I like drawing correlations from our historical pageant
to the Barrayaran pageant fun and interesting, just like drawing
corollaries from our history to the world of the 5 gods.

I can while away a fair amount of time working with Lois' word portraits
and my mental images of what they look like. I can see the Winterfair
dresses, and the wedding dresses, and the uniforms, and what the entire
Council of Counts must look like in both house uniforms and high
ceremonial clothing.

Beta is nice, Jackson's Whole is thrilling, Cetaganda is awe inspiring,
to me Barrayar is home.