[LMB] Silly Casting Ideas

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 01:44:31 GMT 2011

> From: Amelia Edwards amelia.edwards at gmail.com

> I was watching Chuck the other day and realized that Timothy Dalton has a
> lot of the facial characteristics I've imagined in Aral. Weathered and
> capable of looking kindly or cold-blooded.

Don't know the show, but I love Timothy Dalton - and he has that voice, ohhhh
yes it's a perfect Aral voice. Too tall, but they can fix that.

> There's a violinist I saw on youtube who, aside from a slight variation in
> coloring, looks the way I imagined Laisa:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XznLO06SX4&feature=fvw

Hmmm... doesn't do it for me.

> PS - I am 100% against Halli Berry in any Vorkosigan role. I'm still peeved
> with her lack of performance as Storm. (More like moderate summer
> squall...grumble*grumble*grumble)

Completely agree - she had three 'big', scene-capping lines, and blew each
one of them. I thought she was really disappointing and just didn't project
enough personality in that role.

Gwynne