[LMB] More Casting Ideas

Mitch Miller mitchmiller at entertainmenttax.com
Thu Jan 27 05:41:26 GMT 2011

From: Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com

>> From: Amelia Edwards amelia.edwards at gmail.com

>> I was watching Chuck the other day and realized that Timothy Dalton has a
> >lot of the facial characteristics I've imagined in Aral. Weathered and
>> capable of looking kindly or cold-blooded.
>
>Don't know the show, but I love Timothy Dalton - and he has that voice, ohhhh
>yes it's a perfect Aral voice. Too tall, but they can fix that.

>> There's a violinist I saw on youtube who, aside from a slight variation in
>> coloring, looks the way I imagined Laisa:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XznLO06SX4&feature=fvw
>
>Hmmm... doesn't do it for me.

>> PS - I am 100% against Halli Berry in any Vorkosigan role. I'm still peeved
>> with her lack of performance as Storm. (More like moderate summer
>> squall...grumble*grumble*grumble)
>
>Completely agree - she had three 'big', scene-capping lines, and blew each
>one of them. I thought she was really disappointing and just didn't project
>enough personality in that role.

Gwynne

The violinist is a little bit more than zaftig, but she brings to mind Kate Blanchett, whom I also think
would be fine as Laisa.

As far as Halle Berry is concerned, it's up to the director to make sure she doesn't phone her role in --
and he didn't.  But she's as close to "Drop Dead Georgeous" as anyone on the planet.  And after all, aren't
the Haut women effectively phoning their roles in?

How about Rebecca Roijmin (sp) as a Haut?  She looked great in blue -- paint, that is! <G!>

Mitch Miller