[LMB] More Casting Ideas

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Jan 27 14:16:22 GMT 2011

On Jan 26, 2011, at 3:47 AM, Gwynne Powell wrote:

> Paltrow is a bit bony for Laisa. I'm still at Christina Hendricks for Laisa (Hendricks
> is a natural blonde in r/l).

I'm not sure that "natural blonde" is preferable.   Hollywood has had some success having blondes with black wigs, adding some exotic look to the characters.   Well, we're certainly talking exotic here - being centuries and light years different from today's fashions.

Even if I have been picturing USAmerican standard looks while reading the books - things change.    A movie doesn't need to be realistic on how much change - but it should show at least subtile differences.