[LMB] ot: Genetic control, was Nexus population

Tel teldreaming at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 19:36:37 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Royce McDaniels
<roycemcdaniels158 at gmail.com> wrote:
> but if the ghem weren't worried about the dissenters, why breed terrence
> cee? i think there is more of an internal anti-ghem (though not necessarily
> anti-haut) resistance in Cetagandan society than we currently know about.

They found out telepathy might exist. The military then researched the
possibility. This isn't... something that needs a special explanation.
The US military's done crazier things.

Once they've got a telepath, they'll use him where he's useful, but it
doesn't follow that they -need- a telepath to keep the people down or
were especially designing him as the solution to dissent.

As soon as Barrayar learned about telepathy, they stole a guy from
Jackson's Whole to do their own research on it.

-Tel