[LMB] Political discussion

Timothy Collett tcollett at topazgryphon.org
Fri Jan 28 01:57:08 GMT 2011

On Jan 27, 2011, at 4:21 PM, Tel wrote:
> Heh. But what about the dangers and destruction that go along with
> maintaining power against the will of the population?
>
> Say, letting some distant relative squash a republic that's sprouted
> up in the district of a dead traitor Count with military force,
> because clearly, as an aristocrat, he should have power and they
> shouldn't.
>
> Or sending your regular army in to put down a rebellion by a planet
> that really doesn't want you as their dictator.

So you're advocating that a stable government just allow people to rebel against them, or declare their own state, of *whatever* political stripe, by taking chunks out of their land?

You put down armed secessions and rebellions because the alternative is anarchy, not because you're philosophically opposed to self-determination.

Timothy Collett

--

We are the Rangers. We walk in the dark places others fear to enter. We stand on the bridge, and none may pass. We live for the One. We die for the One!