[LMB] Nexus population

Gretchen Wright gretchen.wright at rcn.com
Fri Jan 28 03:17:02 GMT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: William A Wenrich
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:30 PM
To: lois-bujold
Subject: Re: [LMB] Nexus population

What overpopulation? IIRC, the entire world population can fit into the
state of Texas with the population density of New York State.

---------------------------------

That statistic is a little garbled. I think you must have meant New York
City, not New York State.

Population density of New York State: 413.9 people/square mile
Area of Texas: 268820 square miles
Population density of Texas if it held the world population: 26,000
people/square mile
Population density of New York City: 26,400/square mile

A bit of a difference. :)

Anyway ... it's about so much more than that. I'm not even gonna go there.

Gretchen