[LMB] Casting ideas

Eric Oppen technomad at intergate.com
Fri Jan 28 06:34:42 GMT 2011

Quoting mtraber251 <mtraber251 at earthlink.net>:

> On 1/27/2011 10:16 PM, Royce McDaniels wrote:
>>
>> (and he died of a cocaine OD IIRC. speaks volumes to the drug legalization
>> issue, IMHO...)
>>
>> disgruntled royce
> No it doesn't, nobody is talking about legalizing anything except weed.
> Weed is not in itself a gateway drug, it is only when the pusher is
> encouraging people to try other things and giving them samples.
>
> People who self medicate with weed generally are not looking for
> uppers. They are looking for the mellow.

And Belushi wasn't glued together too tightly on his best days.  I
remember reading the cover story about him in _Newsweek_ when he was
starring in _Animal House,_ and it said that when he was starting out
in acting, one unfavorable remark about his performance could totally
unstring him, to the point where he'd be weeping uncontrollably on a
sofa somewhere backstage.

When I saw that, I said to myself, "Uh-oh, Spaghetti-Os," because to
me, that screamed that Belushi was heading for trouble down the line.
If it hadn't been speedballs (which most druggies would agree are
dangerous at best) it'd have been something else.  One way or another,
he was not slated to make old bones.