[LMB] OT: legalisation

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:08:12 GMT 2011

> From: Royce McDaniels roycemcdaniels158 at gmail.com

> as a writer i very much agree. Murder on the Orientale express, for example,
> appeared in my head fully written over a period of a month. All I had to do
> was type it up. Some writers call this their "muse". Me no have clue, me
> just write.
>
> neander royce

Sometimes I have the whole story arc planned before I start (although
often some secondary characters come to life and get a larger cut of the
story as things go along.) Sometimes I just make it up as I go along.

And sometimes I swear the story is writing itself, I watch my hands type
and wonder where the words are coming from. So yes, there's some big-
time subconscious action at work, at least part of the time.

Gwynne

(Mind you, I've read stories sometimes, wondering why they sounded
vaguely familiar, only to realise partway through that I wrote them. I've
even read stories of mine that I have no recollection of writing. Of course,
this might not be related to my subconscious.  My conscious mind is only
loosely connected to reality at the best of times.)