[LMB] OT: drug legalization

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Jan 28 17:40:52 GMT 2011

> > From: mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
>
> > No it doesn't, nobody is talking about legalizing anything except weed.

They should be; AFAICT the big hallucinogens are at least as safe and
non-addictive as weed.  Also used in a wide variety of non-Christian
religious traditions.

And I suspect we'd be better off with at least one of the safer opiates
being legal, and certainly being less uptight about it.  US doctors are
afraid to prescribe as much as needed to blot out pain, lest the DEA
take their prescription license away.

Also, people, change the Subject when you change the subject.  Casting
ideas have left this thread.

-xx- Damien X-)