[LMB] Political discussion

Tel teldreaming at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 18:37:57 GMT 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Timothy Collett
<tcollett at topazgryphon.org> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2011, at 3:16 AM, Tel wrote:
>> So what Imperial reaction do -you- think Egypt-style mass protests
>> against Barrayar would trigger on Komarr?
>
> I think that would have to depend greatly on what they were about.  Barrayar has done nothing to warrant such protests >since the Solstice Massacre.

Other than continue to occupy them. And tax them without meaningful
representation. These are absolutely legitimate and major grievances
the government refuses to provide redress for.

It's important to point out (as Miles admits...) the goals of the
Komarr Revolt had majority popular support.

-Tel