[LMB] Vorkosigan tarot

Frank Kempe fakempe at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 19:58:36 GMT 2011

My suggestions interlaced with yours.

> From: mmegaera at nwlink.com
> Megaera
> utter amateur with tarot
>
> 00 - The Fool -- Miles
Enrique or probably better that Lord who sent the baba to Ekaterine's family in ACC.

> 01 - The Magician
Here's where Miles belongs. The man with control over the whole deck.

> 02 - The High Priestess
Cordelia

> 03 - The Empress -- Cordelia or Laisa (depends on whether you're being literal or figurative, at least for the early years of Gregor's reign)
Laisa

> 04 - The Emperor -- Aral or Gregor (ditto)
Gregor

> 05 - The Hierophant -- Gregor (Elizabeth said Simon Illyan, but that leaves where to put Gregor if Aral is the Emperor)
Aral - second most powerful political figure

> 06 - The Lovers -- a perverse part of me wants this to be Mark and Kareen, or failing that, Miles and Ekaterin. I suspect Elizabeth would prefer Aral and Cordelia
Just the place for Kou and Drou

> 07 - The Chariot – a jumpship
or maybe that armored vhicle with Pym driving through Vorbara Sultana

> 08 - Strength -- Elli
and/or Taura

> 09 - The Hermit
Bothari or possibly Kly the Mail

> 10 - Wheel of Fortune -- The Green Silk Room
Espacially while planning Gregor's wedding

> 11 - Justice -- Simon Illyan
>
> 12 - The Hanged Man -- Mark
The Count convicted of treason whose wife attended him until they both died

> 13 – Death --
Mark - the assassin

> 14 – Temperance --
Kareen - for whom Barrayaran men just roll over onto their backs with their paws in the air.

> 15 - The Devil --
Yuri or Ges - probably the latter

> 16 - The Tower --
Vorhartung Castle or Vorkosigan House

> 17 - The Star --
>
> 18 - The Moon – Barrayar’s two moons?
>
> 19 - The Sun
>
> 20 – Judgement – the scene at the end of TWA, with Aral kneeling before Vorhalas
>
> 21 - The World – Barrayar, of course

Those are my choices at the moment. Some more in keeping with my prejudices than the symbolism of the Tarot deck.
   G'luck,
   Frank Kempe