[LMB] OT: Egyptian news (was: Where is everybody?)

Judy R. Johnson jrj at fidalgo.net
Fri Jan 28 20:13:35 GMT 2011

Where are you?

-----Original Message-----
From: lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk
[mailto:lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk] On Behalf Of Marian Lesslie
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 7:59 AM
To: Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold.
Subject: [LMB] OT: Egyptian news (was: Where is everybody?)

On 29 January 2011 01:59, Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:

> The mass media have not mentioned the Egyptian internet blackout.
> There was nothing on the news last night, and the daily paper merely
> spoke of "uncertainty" and "protests increasing."

The nightly "news update" on Channel Ten (one of our 3 main commercial TV
networks) didn't even mention Egypt _at all_ -- instead there were exciting
clips about a gorilla walking on its hind legs and Charlie Sheen being an
idiot (unrelated. I think.) I was disgusted. It's not like it's unimportant.
I've been watching Al Jazeera online instead:
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Marian
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to jrj at fidalgo.net
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk